When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rust_Trader

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Also factor in the time delay of you leaving the message, the email to Santi to let him know you sent a message, him logging in to read said message...in that time, 20 schwinn sharks have called, sent texts and showed up waving a wad of cash at his door...it pays to have everyone on speed dial around here...

If one blocks a member, I believe that any entire thread that they even comment on would also not be presented for viewing, while the requester of the blocking action is logged-in, (and not just a blocked member’s individual posts to threads).
So the speed would be a non-starter.

The last part that I purchased online had like 5-6 “watchers” — it took me less than 2-minutes to click the buy-it-now button and complete the transaction. Not sure what the watchers were thinking.

Last edited:
If one blocks a member, I believe that any entire thread that they even comment on would also not be presented for viewing, while the requester of the blocking action is logged-in, (and not just a blocked member’s individual posts to threads).
So the speed would be a non-starter.

The last part that I purchased online had like 5-6 “watchers” — it took me less than 2-minutes to click the buy-it-now button and complete the transaction. Not sure what the watchers were thinking.
Not true unless they start the thread. If they didn’t start the thread you will just see a skip in the post numbers. The only way I knew a blocked member was upset with me about not buying an item is when another member alerted me. V/r Shawn

Correct - the thread will show, but the "ignored" member posts will be blocked out. You have the option of enabling a button where you can then see the ignored posts, or having the ignored posts totally gone with no option of viewing them (check your account preferences for how you deal with "ignored" posts). If the "ignored" person started the thread, the whole thread will not appear, but can be made to appear using the "show ignored" button at the bottom right of the screen. The function is an unfortunate necessity, but at least it is there as a last resort for people who cannot stay on topic, go on repeated rants, or habitually threadjack.

Ok. Seems like we could simply upgrade the selling system on here to make it more transparent and considered fairer. What if we put a buy it now box which you click on at the upper left corner of each sale item which when clicked automatically and immediately posts a sold sign next to the item title? That way no PM's sent with delays of seller reading their messages, phone calls made, feelings of preferences to which buyer they seller wants to sell the item to, waiting to see if you won it, possibly no reply back from the seller saying it sold to someone else already.

What if we put a buy it now box which you click on at the upper left corner of each sale item which when clicked automatically and immediately posts a sold sign next to the item title?

it is just common courtesy to reply to PM's when you sell something rather than leave them hanging wondering what happened. this is not ebay or Craigslist where you deal with total strangers. the CABE is like a community of sorts, it is not just about bikes and parts.

marking the item sale pending or sold would be nice as well.

Back