When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

S2 rims

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
THE stainless rims RIMS DID HAVE KNURLING. I SAW THEM AND THEY WERE A PAIR OF S-2',
BUT THAT WAS OVER 5 YEARS AT MLC. A NEW YORK COLLECTOR FROM NEW YORK WAS TRYING
TO SELL THEM, BUT NO TAKERS. THE STAINLESS WAS NOT GLOSSY.
IT WOULD TAKE A LOT OF WORK, BUT STAINLESS STEEL CAN BE BUFFED TO A MIRROR FINISH.
I HAVE SEEN STAINLESS STEEL BUFFED TO A #8 MIRROR FINISH IN ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATIONS.

THE stainless rims RIMS DID HAVE KNURLING. I SAW THEM AND THEY WERE A PAIR OF S-2',
BUT THAT WAS OVER 5 YEARS AT MLC. A NEW YORK COLLECTOR FROM NEW YORK WAS TRYING
TO SELL THEM, BUT NO TAKERS. THE STAINLESS WAS NOT GLOSSY.
IT WOULD TAKE A LOT OF WORK, BUT STAINLESS STEEL CAN BE BUFFED TO A MIRROR FINISH.
I HAVE SEEN STAINLESS STEEL BUFFED TO A #8 MIRROR FINISH IN ARCHITECTURAL APPLICATIONS.
The stainless S-6 rims on my 1949 New World aren't knurled, but my understanding is that the first year chrome and painted S-2's were also smooth, so I would guess that there may be stainless S-2's that are smooth, if they made them in 1948. Unless somebody finds out exactly when they were produced, I don't think you can rule anything out. Do you know if the New York collector is on the CABE?

Last edited:
Back