When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sad To See This

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take them apart, them folks are worth more in parts to others than they will ever be worth as well.... :D Do it slowly though and for gods sake take a video.

The buyer B.B. is from my area (approx. 10 miles away). While I have heard of people being happy with purchases they made from him, Lots of other stories loom as to experiences in person with him. I personally have not delt with him, and really don't plan on it, just because of the butchering. While it is his property once purchased, it shows a general disrespect. You ought to meet his buddy in the little town south of him, he's a real winner!!!!!

it's greed as a sickness to take a perfect relic bike and part it out

All the lame defense arguments, beauty/beholder, owner's privilege don't apply to this. He basically tricked someone into parting with something of personal value, intrinsic and historic value, for the sole purpose of instantly destroying it only because it could be worth more money destroyed.
This will continue unless the hobby members organize to expose and boycott it.

btw, if you want to do this, build it around a condition grading system for evaluating and showing bikes, (a point system) and become a sanctioning body - the last word on history of bikes as an organization - you'll need a board of officers, you'll need events and you'll need a newsletter

There is nothing wrong with buying and selling for profit - I did it for more than a decade in my hobby business, turning $50 items through a chain of buy/sell into $1000 items - through patience, time and effort - by improving what I bought and sold, not by destroying it

th_curio1.jpg
th_hager22.jpg
th_hager23.jpg
http://bulldog1935.u.yuku.com/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back