When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saginaw powerbike value?

-

jpromo

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
So one of these is available locally and it's pretty intriguing. It's the Higgins "Moto-cycle" version, with a Briggs engine and looks complete though I didn't know enough about the kit when I saw the bike to know what to look for. It looked in good shape, with original paint, tank, engine, exhaust.

I paid very little attention to what the bike even was.. it was definitely 47-49 original paint, basic bike of some sort--it was very Higgins-like, so the period is correct for the engine and it may have been purchased just as it sits.

I'm pretty sure the price was high, but there's a sale for a few more days that may put it more into the realm of reasonable. Just wondering what something like this might be worth? I realize the lack of pictures makes this post very unfun to look at. Sorry.

well, yea, no pics is a bummer!
any way, the continental mill version is more desirable (sorry Briggs),.
I paid $700 for mine (continental kit alone), it was missing the double cog pedal/brake hub, belt cover, original controls, fuel tank, crash bars and rear fender.(had fender and tank but not og.).
dsc04371-jpg.jpg

dsc04366-jpg.jpg

Good start. This definitely has a lot of the parts. I didn't know what to look for in the controls or a kickstart, so I'll have to go back and take some photos.. seems like it might be in line on price at the current discount, but definitely wouldn't be a steal.

Alright here's some pictures. 47ish Huffman base bike w/ Zephyr badge (seems a Zephyr badged Huffman is very common with this kit). Pretty sure engine is correct 306704 which I believe is a Briggs NP. Missing controls is an issue. Kickstart is present, though not mounted. It was dark, so a couple photos are blurry.

It's not my typical interest, but it's speaking to me for some reason.. and yes, it is at an antique store. Thoughts?

DSCF9965.JPG
DSCF9966.JPG
DSCF9969.JPG
DSCF9970.JPG
DSCF9972.JPG
DSCF9974.JPG

If you do buy this, there will be the added expense of white sox, penny loafers, striped shirt, baseball cap (bill facing forward or off to the side), jeans long enough to roll up at the cuffs, and a copy of Boys Life for you back pocket.

Last edited:
If you do buy this, there will be the added expense of white sox, penny loafers, striped shirt, baseball cap (bill facing forward), jeans long enough to roll up at the cuffs, and a copy of Boys Life for you back pocket.

Well that does it.. too rich for me now.

Back