When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sam-sco.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ftwelder

Finally riding a big boys bike
A fella dropped by the shop last week with this bike for $100.00. I snapped a few pics and learned a few things about the brand and who built it. This unit seems to be a bit more primitive that some of the examples I viewed. The seat stay top is broken at the tube cluster and is an easy fix (I weld stuff) . I rode it around a bit, it was well lubed and rides like a champ.

The owner, a young man thought the bike was from the '50's, my guess is 20's. The Schwartz lineage is interesting. I have some pretty old bikes but nothing from the 20's.

Can you help me give this this machine a birthday?

Thanks in advance. Frank

4811420325_18e701fd28-1.jpg

4811420085_518dae193c-1.jpg

4812044234_2783000b70-1.jpg

..interested,
the base is a Rollfast, Samsco bought them from Rollfast to put there own brand on them.
I have a Samsco but different frame, i thinkg this one is from the early '30 but i could be wrong, but that is my guess.
overall the bike look nice, be proud of it!:cool:

Just out of curiousity, What are the rods extending from the Handlebars down to the hudset for? Is that a paper boy thing?

Great bike. I love those DP Harris chain rings.

Just out of curiousity, What are the rods extending from the Handlebars down to the hudset for? Is that a paper boy thing?

Great bike. I love those DP Harris chain rings.

Thanks, 'just my guess but that mono-plate crown has to be flexy. Ill bet the rods were an upgrade. I enjoy seeing mechanical parts and engineering solutions as they happened in history. I examined a Dunlop fork a while ago and that was pretty cool. This is a new item at my address so I really don't know anything about it as of yet. It has been ridden on a regular basis "for as long as anyone can remember".

Back