When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAN DIEGO RIDE...SAT, APRIL 26th

-

JR'S MONARK

Finally riding a big boys bike
Okay Ladies and Gents, After checking and re-checking the calendar. I have decided to put together a Slow and easy, super flat, along the bay and boardwalk ride and bbq in Beautiful San Diego Ca. Saturday April 26th.

These are just the basics and will have something more complete as I get your feedback. We will all meet from 10-12 at the Large Gazebo in Belmont Park in Mission Bay. There are many places to park and lots of space. If for some reason the large gazebo is accupied. Look for the large amount of bikes and one of the many stone picnic tables near to it. You'll see us... The ride will start at high noon (bring sunscreen). The ride will go along the bay south to the Marina inlet then across to Mission bay boardwalk then North along the boardwalk through Pacific Beach and all the way to La Jolla. We can stop at one of the many eateries/bars. Then again we could head east to Mission Blvd make a right and head south. This is a real fun part cause we can spread out and monopolize an entire lane. Continue south from there back to the Belmont Rollercoaster. Make a left the and enter the other side of Belmont park and back to Mainer's way and back to the BBQ. There we can split up for smaller missions, Enjoy food, May be a volleyball game. (need a net) or what other bayside activities we can think of!!!

I will have a grill, a cooler, and a small amout of burgers and dogs. Feel free to bring what you would like. I need one person form each set of groups coming down co-organize with me. We will need plates spoons, forks, cold drinks. What do you guys think of a pot luck? If everybody could bring a little something. This will be one heck of a shin dig... Co-organizers contact me directly as I often lose track of these threads.

I am in no way trying to be a leader, If this sort of this is your fortay. I will happily be your co-organizer. Let's set this off right. Kids, dogs, drinkers, nondrinkers and all other types and vices welcome. The only criteria is that riders ride a Prewar to late 50's Ballooner...

So who's with me!!

Last edited:
Putting it on my calendar right now...bummer, I may be working the CORR race that weekend in Pomona...

Last edited:
Bummer

I thought my son might like to do this ride, but he rides a 1967 Typhoon, so I guess he doesn't qualify.

I thought my son might like to do this ride, but he rides a 1967 Typhoon, so I guess he doesn't qualify.

Yeah I know a girl in the OC that may wana ride but shes got a 66 Rose Colored Hollywood.

So maybe open up the qualifications to maybe middleweights and maybe older but IMO no Stingrays?

Just a thought??

But other than that im game.

It sounds like a fun time, though I don't own the required bike. Lol.

when I hosted our rides we had everything there. mountain bikes, road bikes, someone even brought a BMX bike:D if they keep to the rules I probably have a bike or two if I make it I could loan though I understand it is more fun to ride your own bike. come on guys let everyone ride:) :)
Scott:cool:

I'm a Sluuug!

Man, when you said you wanted a ride you meant it you and Cory both asked me in the same week! I AM SO GOING TO BE THERE!!!!

My old stompin grounds...

Holy Crud I gotta put a bike together!!!

I can bring something too or $$$

I can't wait!:) :) :)

J-Me

Okay, Okay...let's Compromise.

First allow me to apologize to the many middleweighters and 60's bike riders. If you should choose to ride one of those, I don't mind. It's not that I intended to exclude anyone... So I'll refrase.... ALL Classic and Antique Bicycles are included. I sorta just favor the HEAVY ones.

So if one of you shows up with a 28 speed Carbon fiber rock hopper hybrid road nightmare. Please, please borrow one of mine and take off that silly aerodynamic helmet.... the spandex is up to you.....LOL

I will be creating a map and direction/ invitations... All are welcome...
I still need some co-organizers!!! Longbeach, Where you at? A.V. I know your out there? Tell all who will come down. More details to come.

Let's have a blast ya'll ....

Junior

my personal rule is you have to wear shorts over the spandex so I don't get sick or something.:D no promises from the AV crowd, i"ll try though.:o
Scott:cool:

Back