When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Diego

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
hmmm....

No forks left... unless you start collecting other brands of bikes.... ;)

I usually try not to shop anymore I have spent a lot of there in the past and I have found some good stuff there!:o

Well, I am trying to diversify. I just bought a Shelby and a Bluebird. I had to expand the portfolio a bit. Just in case the bicycle market goes south on one brand or another. I guess I could just go with the safe bet and buy Schwinn

Shhhhhhhh.....

Well, I am trying to diversify. I just bought a Shelby and a Bluebird. I had to expand the portfolio a bit. Just in case the bicycle market goes south on one brand or another. I guess I could just go with the safe bet and buy Schwinn

Don't say that too loud you will upset our little friend who plans to take over all the rides with Huffman products hehehe....:rolleyes:

I have been collecting what ever I could afford or find mostly in pieces it has been a long battle to un-part out sometimes starting with just a fork which is about all I have of a BB

I figure there will always be someone selling a rare Schwinn so no hurry there...:cool:

It's too bad, I was born and raised in San Diego, and it used to be a great place to live. I moved away form there over 30 years ago, and now live in Riverside county. It's almost impossible to find pre-war bikes in SoCal. I get all of my bikes from "Back East". The CABE is a good place to find what you are looking for, if you don't mind paying for shipping cost.

It is still a great place. The best!! I was born and raised in SD. I been to a lot of places and San Diego is by far the best. It’s not good place for going to a swap meet and looking for treasures. And there are no barns to raid. The closest thing to a picker here is a dumpster diver. So you just need to import your bikes.

Amen...

Well I was a little harsh on this town it is defiantly fast paced you will be swallowed up before you know it I deal with a lot of quick deadlines and picky people for many years I been (abused) I wish we kept more of are traditional events maybe it is because of or tourism I feel that most things are temporary maybe this is why I hold on to my stuff in someway to slow time down...

I know at least 4 collectors that have been forgotten 1 still rides a lot! So...

I will have get a group together for a Slow Burrito ride soon!

maybe this time others will show up :rolleyes:

I just spent the day in Balboa Park, and that main plaza area between the museums and the Botanical building would be a fabulous place to hold a bike show. There was a Cactus and Succulent show and sale going on, and all I could think of, was how sweet that would have been , if it was a Classic and Antique Bicycle show and sale.
San Diego is beautiful!

P.S. One of the museums had an exhibit called, True Blue. That chronicled the color blue in decorative arts. Again, all I could think of was that they were very remiss in not having an Elgin Bluebird for people to marvel at. That would have blown their minds.

Last edited:
I wonder

Could we all just show up and chill? Wonder if the park staff would raise hell haha. But yes that spot you talk of would be perfect. Just bring beer in water bottles lol. My gf works for the San Diego bicycle coalition..hmmm im gonna do some research

Last edited:
Back