When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

satin clear

-
"Just curious why someone (you?) would spray clear over original paint? Not that I think it matters too much on this bike but once this is done you no longer have an original paint bike. V/r Shawn "

To make it look better and save the water-slides, it's not a green 68 fastback mustang, it's a bicycle:confused:
62 traveler looked like absolute crap when I got it for 40 , cleared over decals faded in black , cleared, if you smudge the clear you cant even tell its there
IMG_3742.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

Last edited:
Besides Schwinn being the well off kid's status symbol, due to the fact that they cost three prices, they had really good kickstands, and they did a great job of hiding their welds, they weight the same so they weren't any heaver made, until their weight worked against them, and their wheels sucked , because you had to go to the dealer for over priced tires, the very things that made them great in the 40s,50s & 60s helped kill them in the eighties, they could not mass produce a chrome molly or alloy frame, in fact all my diamond frame"lightweights" weight in at the same as all my middleweights ,except my springer witch is 5# heaver

Last edited:
quit a hot topic, not the first or last about someone getting upset over tampering with originality. When it comes to cars a fresh clean up or paint job is just fine, but is its a bicycle its worse than murder to even think about paint. I don't think I have ever heard any say " I just bought a 68 Corvette, The seats are ripped, burns oil, only the drivers side glass is cracked and the frame is rotten. Im sure got lucky finding an all original car". If its your bike and you think it looks better with a fresh clear job then go for it. If your a terrible painter then maybe get someone else to do it for you. At the end of the day its your bike and you can do whatever you want to it.
When you post a photo of your work here chances are your doing it because your proud of your work and want to show some people who like bikes.

Back