Satin Finish Clear Coat Suggestions

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
In search of a reliable satin finish brush-on clear coat for use on bare metal that is reasonably priced.

vincev

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
I dont know what you consider reasonable priced bare metal but Ace has some good spray on clear that I use a lot.

vincev

Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
So your advice is to go into ACE and pick up any good spray clear coat on the shelf and cut the top off the aerosol can so I can stick a brush in to brush on. Will any another Hardware store work? Very helpful, thank you.
Dont be stpid.You dont cut a pressurized can Spray all the paint into a glass then brush it on.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Monkeyarms

Boris

Fat tired old rider
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
I was being a smart ass, but your last suggestion was actually very good, since I'll have to do some spraying too. This is what @bikewhorder suggested so that's what I'm buying. $12.99 with free shipping on Amazon

Last edited:

fatbike

I live for the CABE
Jun 26, 2009
Portland Oregon
You two are such a two, Boris, and, Vincev. Kind of like the Odd Couple, Felix and Oscar. I wonder who's who in this scenario? I have always gotten a kick out of you two. Great sarcastic humor that play off one another well.
images.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: vincev

fatbike

I live for the CABE
Jun 26, 2009
Portland Oregon
Well you haven't killed one another yet and still talking, so probably not that. Ha!
Really? I pictured us more like this. Please note that no guns were used in the illustration provided. I'm Itchy, the blue one.

Copyright the Simpsons

GTs58

Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
So your finally getting around to painting your old 70's Chevy after all the paint peeled and flew off?

Reactions: Boris

vincev

Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
I was being a smart ass, but your last suggestion was actually very good, since I'll have to do some spraying too. This is what @bikewhorder suggested so that's what I'm buying. $12.99 with free shipping on Amazon
o it every few
The Ace cans are $3.99. I actually use it to seal old tools on barn wood and hang outside all year long.Works much better than Thompsons and you only have to use it every few years.

Reactions: Boris
This ad goes away when you register for an account!

vincev

Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
It seems the economy is picking up ! I think the Boris reflector factory is open again and new reflectors will soon be cluttering the for sale section........

Reactions: fatbike and Boris

vincev

Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
You two are such a two, Boris, and, Vincev. Kind of like the Odd Couple, Felix and Oscar. I wonder who's who in this scenario? I have always gotten a kick out of you two. Great sarcastic humor that play off one another well.
images.jpeg
Yes.Years ago I met Boris as we were both trying to sniff the same bike seat. Boris got in trouble because he didnt wait for the lady to get off the bike.

• Haha
Reactions: Boris and fatbike
This ad goes away when you register for an account!