When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Satin Finish Clear Coat Suggestions

-

Boris

Old fat tired rider
In search of a reliable satin finish brush-on clear coat for use on bare metal that is reasonably priced.

I dont know what you consider reasonable priced bare metal but Ace has some good spray on clear that I use a lot.

So your advice is to go into ACE and pick up any good spray clear coat on the shelf and cut the top off the aerosol can so I can stick a brush in to brush on. Will any another Hardware store work? Very helpful, thank you.
Dont be stpid.You dont cut a pressurized can Spray all the paint into a glass then brush it on.

I was being a smart ass, but your last suggestion was actually very good, since I'll have to do some spraying too. This is what @bikewhorder suggested so that's what I'm buying. $12.99 with free shipping on Amazon

Last edited:
You two are such a two, Boris, and, Vincev. Kind of like the Odd Couple, Felix and Oscar. I wonder who's who in this scenario? I have always gotten a kick out of you two. Great sarcastic humor that play off one another well.
images.jpeg

Last edited:
So your finally getting around to painting your old 70's Chevy after all the paint peeled and flew off?

I was being a smart ass, but your last suggestion was actually very good, since I'll have to do some spraying too. This is what @bikewhorder suggested so that's what I'm buying. $12.99 with free shipping on Amazon
View attachment 1214710o it every few
The Ace cans are $3.99. I actually use it to seal old tools on barn wood and hang outside all year long.Works much better than Thompsons and you only have to use it every few years.

Back