When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Save Your Whizzer's Paint Job With Shrink Wrap

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Goldenrod

I live for the CABE
By Ray Spangler

I was shrink wrapping an electrical wire when it occurred to me that this might solve our problem with the exhaust and throttle cable sawing at the frame’s paint. I bought a roll of wrap, and it was used on all bikes Al and I rebuilt from then on. We also used it to seal wire connections we have when wiring up a bi-light system. A hair dryer will not heat up enough to do the shrinking. Try and rotate the wire and heat one section at a time. Burning yourself is easy it this point. The length of the wrap is determined by where the cable passes the frame. My heat gun cost about $36. You want the constated adapter and run the gun at maxim heat.

05CD6180-D040-445F-BCA8-CF22D57007E5.jpeg

D26CB770-4036-4B50-975B-96136A67E644.jpeg

ADF34DE6-D5F1-4729-B827-7226C1BA1677.jpeg

By Ray Spangler

I was shrink wrapping an electrical wire when it occurred to me that this might solve our problem with the exhaust and throttle cable sawing at the frame’s paint. I bought a roll of wrap, and it was used on all bikes Al and I rebuilt from then on. We also used it to seal wire connections we have when wiring up a bi-light system. A hair dryer will not heat up enough to do the shrinking. Try and rotate the wire and heat one section at a time. Burning yourself is easy it this point. The length of the wrap is determined by where the cable passes the frame. My heat gun cost about $36. You want the constated adapter and run the gun at maxim heat.

View attachment 1747782

View attachment 1747783

View attachment 1747784
concentrated adapter.

Very cool. I've thought that large diameter shrink wrap could mimic the celluloid skin on some TOC handlebars. I haven't tried it yet, but it's cheaper than nickel plate!

Back