When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scam with Zelle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I have heard to scams with people requesting you pay with Zelle but the item never arrives. Or scammers fish for your account info and password and drain your account. Yesterday I had someone want to buy a $2,500 saddle; they were going to pay with Zelle. The immediate red flag was that they wanted it overnighted and were offering an additional $200 ($2,700 total) for the overnight shipping. Once you receive a Zelle payment can it be withdrawn? Anyone else encounter a similar situation with this payment method?

23519329_1726778240678987_2369396647321941822_n.jpg

I haven't used it much but I do know that there is a few days of "float" when it comes from certain types of accounts- I don't remember which was which but a savings account transfer will be different than a checking account transfer. One of the transfers is instant and the other takes a few days. I wonder if there is the stolen credit card zelle transfer also, which would be similar to any stolen credit card, where the seller is out and the victim of the stolen card does not need to pay.

Just my thoughts- quite possibly wrong. I will only use it with someone I trust.

Back