When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Scarce Lady's Flying Merkel Chain Ring $125 shipped; NOW $75 Shipped.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
Price
$125
Zipcode

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Being offer: a 1923 lady's Flying Merkel 24 tooth chain ring (see below catalog page). Decent condition, is overpainted in a gold wash, can see some plating but my guess is only a minimal amount remains. The ring is not entirely true as there is some bending in the matrix of the design (this is hard to capture in photos). I doubt many of these exist; "in the hand" this ring feels more fragile than most and as the slight bends attest, they likely did not hold-up well in extreme use. Credit to: @hoofhearted and @sm2501 for the catalog page image. $175 shipped NOW $125 shipped! NOW $75 shipped!!! CRAZY RARE PIECE. from Santa Fe, NM. Please PM if you wish to purchase. Thank you for your consideration. Brant

Lady's Flying Merkel chain ring two.jpg

Lady's Flying Merkel chain ring.jpg

IMG_6233.jpg

1923 Flying Merkel catalog.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Brant,
Do the holes line up with a standard crank arm? Considering for a custom. Thanks
Yes, the holes line up. Here are pictures with it overlaid over a 1930’s Colson ring. The Merkel/Miami’s large hole is very slightly larger, the small hole is a little smaller but I guess you could drill that out if need be. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for you interest.

P.S. I am trying to find a loose crank to see how it fits but haven't had any luck figuring out where I stashed them.

38810FCE-0A69-43BF-8867-172377F422FD.jpeg

9FF3607C-43B7-405B-89DE-76A7C6753C31.jpeg

Hey Brant,
Do the holes line up with a standard crank arm? Considering for a custom. Thanks
Below are pictures using a 1949 Huffman crank and a teens-early 1920's Davis bayonet crank. Using either of these would require the ring's small hole to be drilled or ground slightly on the northern edge. I don't have a loose Miami crank here to fit it with.
5637B2A3-72C2-4782-B097-BB58A770E86F.jpeg

01710473-1310-4961-BE1D-89ACCB605E34.jpeg

Last edited:
Back