When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwalbe little Big Ben....lets remove that script.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

IngoMike

I live for the CABE
I had a little wheel shift on the way to the post office the other day, and due to the rubbing on the front fork I ignored, the result was that the Big Ben script was worn off the sidewall of the tire. So, I decided to rub the other side off with some 80 grit sandpaper, and the result is the same. I am ok with the reflective strip, but it is nice to have that script gone. Here is the before and after on one side of the rear tire, 7 minutes of work.
fullsizeoutput_65.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_66.jpeg

I didn't care for any script on my Schwalbe "Fat Tires".
I wanted a smooth finish and thought sanding would leave scratch marks.
I used "Klean-Strip" and got great results.
That was two years ago.
I replaced the tube and need to wash the smudges off with soap & water
and they are good to go!
qqa3wz.jpg

So you're not the type that likes your bike all dressed up for the Who's Who party? Come on man, get with the times! :p

ACE50-Cycle-Decal-Stickers-Road-Bike-Bicycle-Stickers-27-Inch-Road-Bike-Wheel-Rims-Carbon-Fiber.jpg

The tire looks much better without the advertising IMO..........

So you're not the type that likes your bike all dressed up for the Who's Who party? Come on man, get with the times! :p

ACE50-Cycle-Decal-Stickers-Road-Bike-Bicycle-Stickers-27-Inch-Road-Bike-Wheel-Rims-Carbon-Fiber.jpg

The tire looks much better without the advertising IMO..........
This picture hurts my eyes...

On black tires with outrageous graphics/brand names (like Kenda and their yellow lettering) I use carb cleaner to clean the mold release oils off, then spray them with black Plasti-coat paint.

It's a rubbery paint and lasts a long time.

Back