When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwann Grips

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Have never used hairspray. During the 1960's I used Brylcreem. It was a white hair cream that came in a fairly large red and white tube, for about a half a buck. Only needed a small dab of it. Use more, only if you dare. You'd have to watch out, because the gals would all pursue you. They'd love to run their fingers through my hair.
I better get a grip on myself....

Hot water from the tap in large bowl, then 3 minutes in the microwave. Then hold grip in for a couple minutes, usually comes right off and keeps grip tight for the next installation! To install plug end with finger fill with water, drain and slide it right on!! Let bike sit in sun for a bit and presto.....then enjoy the ride..... Dave

ow do i remove the grips from my handle bars without damaging them?
I use a small flat blade screw driver and work a little wd-40 between the bars and grips. Just a little goes a long way. Twist the grip back and forth until it slides rite off. Have done this lot's of times and have never damaged a single grip.

Have never used hairspray. During the 1960's I used Brylcreem. It was a white hair cream that came in a fairly large red and white tube, for about a half a buck. Only needed a small dab of it. Use more, only if you dare. You'd have to watch out, because the gals would all pursue you. They'd love to run their fingers through my hair.
I better get a grip on myself....
I like the Brylcream idea. do they still make that stuff? If in fact they do, it will run you more like $2.50!!

Hairspray U say? I surely don't get that, unless the active agent doing the job is the isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) it's mixed with cause, the gum in it aint. I've always used Rubbing alcohol. It's cheap, sometimes takes a few minutes, or work to open it up on sides and completely evaporates. Seems to me too that, hairspray is also recommended when applying new bar tape.

U sure you're not thinking that hairspray helps stick a slippery grip or perhaps a double agent, slip off when wet and stick when dry? "Common polymers in hairspray include polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP), vegetable gums and gum arabic, while alcohol and hydrocarbons make up the solvent portion. Other ingredients, such as propylene glycol, isobutane, propane and fragrance, may also be present."
Yes...cheap brand from Dollar General. The alcohol aids in lubrication and the sticky stuff that holds hair sticks the grip, It's a 2-in-1 solution. Very common in bikes shops and still is AFAIK...

Back