When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwann Packard What Did I Buy

-

Melhager

On Training Wheels
I bought this from a friend in a local Packard club . He said it was a 1939 but wasn't sure. It was restored about 12 years ago.There were no numbers visible on the bottom because of the paint.What do I have? What tank would be correct ? Thanks

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

Looks to be a prewar Schwinn. Serial number on bottom crank of frame should have a number stamped. Can you post a pic of it?

You have a parts Bike. Not restored .. just painted to make shiny with repop wrong year parts .... it would take some coin to make it correct. All I’m seeing is a fork and a frame.... 400 dollar bike as it sits...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Obi. Before I went chasing a $1200 tank there are a lot of other things I would correct--paint included. Personally I would enjoy this one as-is. To make this correct would get you upside down quick. V/r Shawn

There were no numbers visible under the crank because of the paint filling them. I figured that it was prewar because of the locking forks and the stand.It is a very good riding bike.I was checking to see what year it would be.I also got fenders and wheels with it .And I know it is a Schwinn not a Schwann

There were no numbers visible under the crank because of the paint filling them. I figured that it was prewar because of the locking forks and the stand.It is a very good riding bike.I was checking to see what year it would be.I also got fenders and wheels with it .And I know it is a Schwinn not a Schwann
Just wondering if it's some kinda insider code. I see "Schwann" used quite frequently...

Can you tell if it's actually paint? Maybe it's powdercoated? I'd check out the bottom bracket for any indentations and then start sanding with a dremel where the SN is normally located. I've seen way to many so called restorations where the serial numbers are filled in. Obviously they were done by someone that didn't have clue. Nice looking bike and some Schwinn paint detailing would definitely give it boost.

Yes it's paint.It was done very well.I like the bike.It's in great condition. I was just trying to see what year it was for sure and what tank it should have.I will take another look to see if I can find any numbers

Can you tell if it's actually paint? Maybe it's powdercoated? I'd check out the bottom bracket for any indentations and then start sanding with a dremel where the SN is normally located. I've seen way to many so called restorations where the serial numbers are filled in. Obviously they were done by someone that didn't have clue. Nice looking bike and some Schwinn paint detailing would definitely give it boost.[/QUOTE

Back