eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I feel like I have to ask this to the Schwinners in here.... what's with people calling them "Schwann"? I see it all over the place, even on here. I see it so much I actually do CL and EBay searchings using that spelling. Am I missing something? The A and I aren't even close to each other on the keys...

barnyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I've wondered the same thing. The first time I saw the name I thought maybe the thread was going to have a photo of a Schwinn with a Swan behind it swimming in a pond.

John G04

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
People that put Schwann bike ads on craigslist just have superior brain power and the bikes they are posting are so rare we just dont know what they are so we just asume they are spelling schwinn wrong. They often also pair these modern looking “Schwann” bikes with extremely reasonable prices like $500 for a nice walmart bike. Best investment is a schwann

Saving Tempest

I feel like I have to ask this to the Schwinners in here.... what's with people calling them "Schwann"? I see it all over the place, even on here. I see it so much I actually do CL and EBay searchings using that spelling. Am I missing something? The A and I aren't even close to each other on the keys...

Ice cream and other foods delivery.

scr-schwans127.jpg

Krakatoa

Schwann working definition:

An ugly duck that wants to be a Swan that wants to be a Schwinn

Anyone seen any Schwjivers?

My buddy works at a Schwinn shop here in town. He's heard them all - Schwann, Schinn, Scwinn, Schwing, etc. One time a guy requested an estimate for his Scwinn Colgate!

It's not limited to Schwinn - they also carry Cannonball, Carbondale (Cannondale) and many others. Fun stories!

SB Deluxe

'Lil Knee Scuffer
My lame IMAC Apple computer is always Autocorrecting Schwinn, to Schwann....
Stubbornly over riding my efforts to spell it correctly too.... very irritating

I'm guessing folks aren't catching the alteration and let it fly unaware of the lamO auto correct
That makes the most sense.

bikemonkey

I live for the CABE
Well, after working in a number of shops since the 70s and now back on the bench for four years, there are Schwinns and there are Schweins...the latter are China bikes and Chicago rust buckets. In the shops I worked in we commonly called the less desirable repairs, "lizards". We loved it when the bike's model named matched the crappy onery bike it actually was, i.e. "Scorcher", etc.

Last edited: