Schwinn “Approved”

• Please be aware: We have had several reports of members receiving private messages from newly registered members claiming that their friend has the part or bike they are looking for, and that they should email this person directly. This is a scam! If it looks even slightly suspicious, PLEASE REPORT this to us immediately so that we can investigate and if necessary, ban the member to prevent them from targeting other members. Thank you, CABE staff
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

50 Phantom Newbie

Look Ma, No Hands!
Jul 21, 2019
Sacramento, Ca
What does approves mean and does it apply to new reissue or reproduction parts?

If these are original parts when did they add “approved” to the parts?

Thanks

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
Schwinn Approved was stamped, engraved etc. on parts or items they did not make and they "Approved" these items that were made to their (Schwinn's) specifications. Example, the Mesinger deluxe crash rail seat, the German made alloy Mayweg front carrier and the Hunt Wilde? made Schwinn handlebar grips. Schwinn did at one time make almost all of their parts in house including hubs, bearings, cones, cups and axles. If Schwinn made the parts, they usually had their name on them. I believe it was sometime around 1962 when the Schwinn made Schwinn script front hub was outsourced and that signature front hub that was made by Schwinn for decades, then became a Schwinn Approved hub. I haven't found out yet who the new manufacturer was.

1565932495220.png

Last edited:

50 Phantom Newbie

Look Ma, No Hands!
Jul 21, 2019
Sacramento, Ca
Is there a guess is on date when the “approved” began to show up on parts?

Thanks for your replies

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
These have been reproduced for some time now and they are Schwinn Approved and made to Schwinn's specs. I believe Dan is the one having them made under license with Schwinn.

1565934889660.png

This ad goes away when you register for an account!