When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn “Approved”

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

50 Phantom Newbie

Look Ma, No Hands!
What does approves mean and does it apply to new reissue or reproduction parts?

If these are original parts when did they add “approved” to the parts?

Thanks

Schwinn Approved was stamped, engraved etc. on parts or items they did not make and they "Approved" these items that were made to their (Schwinn's) specifications. Example, the Mesinger deluxe crash rail seat, the German made alloy Mayweg front carrier and the Hunt Wilde? made Schwinn handlebar grips. Schwinn did at one time make almost all of their parts in house including hubs, bearings, cones, cups and axles. If Schwinn made the parts, they usually had their name on them. I believe it was sometime around 1962 when the Schwinn made Schwinn script front hub was outsourced and that signature front hub that was made by Schwinn for decades, then became a Schwinn Approved hub. I haven't found out yet who the new manufacturer was.

1565932495220.png

Last edited:
These have been reproduced for some time now and they are Schwinn Approved and made to Schwinn's specs. I believe Dan is the one having them made under license with Schwinn.

1565934889660.png

Back