When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 1962 American meat and potato's

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Winging off the top of my head (dangerous) that the American was dropped from the line-up for a few years but came back for last half of 61. Don't recall if those all were sold as 62's but might have been. They had painted fenders with the chrome taking over in 63.

Here is a pic I forgot to post. It was included with this bike.

Tags.jpg

Here's a 63 DeLuxe American that I redid a couple of years ago.
View attachment 1261369

I decided to start thinning the herd and posted this on FB marketplace for $325. No replies. Do I have priced fairly? New tire/tubes. Horn and light both work. ?????

I don't look at the FB marketplace much, but on Craigslist here in the S.F. Bay Area $325.00 would be a great deal. people are asking crazy prices for ALL bikes. people would ask $325.00 for that bike rusted and scratched with dents in the fenders

Does This Count ? Had it for a while now. Been slowly gathering parts. I have almost enough to build it complete . :poutingcat: Just need someone to give this Frame and Forks a Good Cleaning :kissing: My 1st American :p Ride Safe !!

DSCF3088.JPG

DSCF3091.JPG

DSCF3094.JPG

DSCF3097.JPG

I had a nice blue one similar to yours but with a Bendix kickback 2 speed. One of the best bikes i ever owned. Wish i still had it!

@CURTIS L LINDGREN
Cool project. What other pieces do you need to make it complete? I'm working on a 59 speedster that will be red. It has the two speed lever shifted rear hub.
I might have to post my American for sale here on the CABE. What would be a good price before S&H?
Ed

@Rivnut ,
I think I have all the parts to build it up. Got a couple bikes in front of this being worked on. Prices are Speculative . Maybe post a few " Sneak Peak " Pictures , and get some feedback as to value. From what I've seen............Your Bikes have been Good Quality . I'm guessing your American is a pretty nice Bike. Ride Safe ! :)

Wow, that is a beautiful bike, Bob!

Here's a pair of Americans I had. Moved the front brake from the woman's frame to the men's and sold the woman's frame bike. Green is '55 and blue is '56. Still have the men's but don't ride it much, though I do really like the Bendix manual 2 speed hub.

55-56 Schwinn Americans.jpeg

I don't look at the FB marketplace much, but on Craigslist here in the S.F. Bay Area $325.00 would be a great deal. people are asking crazy prices for ALL bikes. people would ask $325.00 for that bike rusted and scratched with dents in the fenders
In the Bay Area, that bike would be $850, and the seller would have removed both fenders, the tank, and quite possibly the chainguard!

Back