When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 1962 King Size American

-

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Finished up the 62 King Size American in the harder to find Blue. It is a 62 only color along with Green. In 63 and 64 Schwinn went to only Red and Black with chrome fenders. Wasn't sure I was going to be able to get this but stezell came to the rescue. Thanks Sean!!! It sat on FB for a couple of weeks while I waited for someone to buy it but nobody did so I started to try and put a deal together. Thanks to Sean it worked out. Enjoy the pics!

008.JPG

013.JPG

009.JPG

004 (2).JPG

012.JPG

Finished up the 62 King Size American in the harder to find Blue. It is a 62 only color along with Green. In 63 and 64 Schwinn went to only Red and Black with chrome fenders. Wasn't sure I was going to be able to get this but stezell came to the rescue. Thanks Sean!!! It sat on FB for a couple of weeks while I waited for someone to buy it but nobody did so I started to try and put a deal together. Thanks to Sean it worked out. Enjoy the pics!

View attachment 1653092

View attachment 1653093

View attachment 1653094

View attachment 1653095

View attachment 1653096
Awesome job, beautiful bike the blue is striking. Long live The King Size.

View attachment 1653092

View attachment 1653093

View attachment 1653094

View attachment 1653095

View attachment 1653096
Oh man I love this one!!! 😍

Very nice, in rare blue. What was the condition of the bike when you got it? Would like to see a before and after.

I have seen examples of 1963 serial numbers in blue as well. Here is the 63 catalog page saying blue, black and red were available.

Last edited:
This is a really pretty bike! Wow. Blue really sets it off. I had been thinking about letting my King Size go, but man… They are just really neat bikes!
I’ve been studying the pics, to see the diff is the head tube longer? I can tell it’s way taller

I’ve been studying the pics, to see the diff is the head tube longer? I can tell it’s way taller
Head tube, seat tube. Both longer. Look at the relationship of the cantilever bars and the top tube of the frame towards the seat tube. Compare to your average typhoon or the such. I also judge the space above and below the head badge.

Back