When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 1962 Super Continental

-
Yes it is.
40279916-EBD3-4727-82D3-8BC2BFAFAEE3.jpeg

Schwinn on some models used chrome forks instead of paint to show they were better quality bikes. This is my 1964 Sierra for example. View attachment 1059350

Roger
Also have a '64 Sierra, was originally radiant coppertone but I stripped and painted orange in early seventies.
I am the second owner since '66. Hangs in the garage as my 240# body is likely a bit much for it.
My bike had a small graphic on the cross bar that said 15 speed with a pinstripe above it. Appeared to be silk screened as opposed to a decal. Does yours have this detail? If so, could you capture and post an image of the graphic.
Here's a photo of a friend on my Sierra back around '73 or so.
Jan

Just finished this up and it has shot to my favorites list. 1962 Super Continental. This has a lot going for it. One year only bike (not even a full year), first Schwinn 15 speed, Lycett leather saddle, Huret components, great Radiant Green color (I have only seen pics of one other green one), Just a awesome rare bike. I wonder why Schwinn marketing changed the great Super Continental name to the uninspiring Sierra the next year? Probably got a cease and desist from DC Comics!! lol This one is a keeper!!!

View attachment 1058960

View attachment 1058961

View attachment 1058962

View attachment 1058963
Owner of a 1964 "uninspiring Sierra " since '66. Your bike is fantastic!

Here is my 64 Sierra. Bought this one from the original owner in Colorado Springs. Usual story from him. Bought it, discovered girls and then cars equals no more bike riding!!!! lol

You are right top bar graphic is a screen not a decal. Bike is not uninspiring just the name!

007.JPG

268.JPG

Last edited:
i had one in a smaller frame size and a year or two earlier mine was same color but was badged as a contential ,i rode her all over dade and boward county fla ,i loved that bike

Back