When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 1963 Deluxe American Flam Red

-

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Picked this one up a couple weeks ago. VERY happy with how it turned out. A strong 8 I would say. Third one in a row that had original tires and tubes. Flamboyant Red is a good looking color. Glad to add to the collection.

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

Nice looking bike, I have a 62, not as original as yours, same color. It's my "driver" I ride the thing all the time, that color gets a lot of attention.

I'm in awe once again! o_O I think I've been praying to the wrong Gods asking for a Corvette 5 in that condition. ;)

Thanks!! Americans hold a special place to me. My first bike which had to be a 63 American also in FR (not a Deluxe, no way the parents would have went for that much) when I was 7. Dad taught me to ride it in the back yard probably to lessen any fall damage but I still managed to fall and the handlebars busted my lip. I used it when I had a paper route when I was 13 or 14. Rode it the couple miles to the substation (really a shed, it is still there!) to band and roll the papers and load into saddle bags. Then the ride back to the route. If all went well I could be done in time to catch the Gilligans Island rerun. At some point I decided that a bobbed back fender was needed and cut the back half off and used a pair of pliers to crudely bend a lip. Stupid kid! I still remember the day I set it out for the trash. I think I knew I would regret it but still did it.

Back