When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 1967 Typhoon time capsule PEACE

-

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Coming on the heels of my time capsule Spaceliner is this one which may be even more so. Dec 66 (=67) serial number. Still had the original Nov 66 Westwinds along with the original tubes/caps! Grease was the original amber Schwinn grease. This also looks like it never spent a night outside. Transporting back to 1967 and feeling like I'm rolling it out of Roanoke Bicycle Supply. Also easy to imagine the kid putting the peace sign on the reflector back during those times.

It always amazes me how bikes can stay in this condition for 50 years. You would think it was hanging up on rafters or something. The rafter ones always seem to be dirty on the bottom especially the seat bottom. This one spotless?? Here is a random thought I've had for a while. I've always had the perception that you see more nice Coppertone bikes than the other colors. I have no explanation or theory or maybe just me.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

015.JPG

1613619089561.png
That is totally mind blowing! So the kid rode it around for maybe a week and then joined a Hippy Commune and left that at home hidden under his bed?
Another pristine piece for the SBB Museum!
1613620831084.png

Back