When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 1971 Kool Lemon Sports Tourer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
I picked this one up at Memory Lane swap a few weeks back. Just went ahead and worked on it. It needed a little love. Kool Lemon has to be the most common color on these but it still is a good looking color. Maybe that is why they used it for so long.

20201127_144011 (Medium).jpg

20201127_144030 (Medium).jpg

20201127_144052 (Medium).jpg

20201127_144120 (Medium).jpg

Another spectacular piece! I really think you should head out to Arizona and do a test ride thru the Salt River Canyon with that gearing. ;)

1607050872300.png

Another spectacular piece! I really think you should head out to Arizona and do a test ride thru the Salt River Canyon with that gearing. ;)

View attachment 1311503
-----

Thanks for this beautiful picture! :D

Almost looks like there should be a rail line snaking through the hills for model railroaders to emulate.

Bike a terrific find for originality and condition - only fory-nine years young!

-----

Hey GT Going down would be fun. Maybe helicopter back up. Now I see why Evel Kneivel could not get his jet car over that!!!! lol Oh wait!

1607199040132.png

Hey GT Going down would be fun. Maybe helicopter back up. Now I see why Evel Kneivel could not get his jet car over that!!!! lol Oh wait!

The Salt River Canyon ride is pretty interesting and very dangerous with many lives lost. Long ride down to the river on the South side and then a long ride back up on the North side. The North side is the worst and is a slow go but the ride down the North side is nerve racking. I've been thru that canyon maybe 100 times over the years. In October 1978 I was doing a side job adding on to a cabin in Pine Top for the owner of a plumbing supply business and one weekend he asked if one of us would drive his girlfriend's old Buick back to town. It was already dark when we started the trip back to Mesa and right before the road started the downgrade it started raining cats and dogs. I found out that Buick's wiper blades were shot, metal scratching on glass. It was all I could do keep from wetting my pants on the ride down, couldn't see a damn thing and once my buddy's tail lights were far ahead of me it became a ride from hell.

I picked this one up at Memory Lane swap a few weeks back. Just went ahead and worked on it. It needed a little love. Kool Lemon has to be the most common color on these but it still is a good looking color. Maybe that is why they used it for so long.

View attachment 1308278

View attachment 1308279

View attachment 1308280

View attachment 1308281
Looks nice. First post for me as I just joined this forum. I looked at that bike there at the swap meet and saw you walk out with it and stopped to comment to you on a nice purchase. I have Super Sports, so didn’t have the need for that one, but price was right and bike was nice too.
Nice cleanup on it now too. I see the Kenda white walls on it now. How do you like them? Reason I ask is I am fixing up an 81 Miyata mixte that my niece owns and as much as I like gumwalls, I think on her silver bike the black walls would be best, but I see the whitewalls available and wondered how you like them. Thanks from Steve.

Back