When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 1971 Sports Tourer Classy!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Picked this Sierra Brown first year Sports Tourer last month. It looks to have been a loved bike. I think in my opinion other than Silver Mist this brown is the most classy looking of the colors. Has a good look to it.

003.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

Last edited:
-----

😉

...and you got the Atom 440's instead of the KKT RTSF which were often substituted later due to shortages...

1971 was the final year for the slotted and threaded alloy dustcaps they wear

beginning with 1972 the dustcap became a press fit chrome steel item

-----

What a sweet ride! Sierra Brown was one of the most popular colors around this area back in the day.

I love Sierra Brown when it's in good condition, but when it's old & oxidized, it can look pretty bad.
Same goes for Campus Green.
Your bike looks great.
I had one years ago, but like yours, it was the 24" frame. Too big for me at 5' 6", so I sent it on it's way to a new owner.
I'd love to find a nice one with a 22" frame.

Very nice! Congrats on a great bike!
I have same but rear hub say 1-72 so I assume it is a '72. I primered nicks but matching touch up is not worth risking(for me). Not as pristine as yours, but here it is
20220203_113416_copy_1008x637.jpg

What document did this come from, and is it available online?
I'd like to find the illustration & spec. for the spacer that was used to correct the chainline on the '62-'64 15 speed bikes.
Would that be covered in this manual?

What document did this come from, and is it available online?
I'd like to find the illustration & spec. for the spacer that was used to correct the chainline on the '62-'64 15 speed bikes.
Would that be covered in this manual?

-----

do not have this book

page sent by @Metacortex

you could send him a PM...

if you are inquiring regarding a spacer that fits behind the gear block they are typically offered in 1.0, 1.5 & 2.0mm thicknesses

BITD shops used ones from SA

a bit later Kingsbridge Tool and others offered them in alloy

should be readily available at any bicycle shop

-----

Back