When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 1977 Superior Lime

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Just finished this up. This color pop's especially with the white tape and tires. I went with a Brooks, could not find out what the original catalog description "racing style, top quality" was. This has a July 73 serial number. Maybe Metacortex or rennfaron could post again about the Sports Tourer/Superior frame connection. Glad to add this one to the collection!

017 (Medium).JPG

020 (Medium).JPG

019 (Medium).JPG

GT: Yes it is pretty clean. And it is a looker for sure!!

So when Schwinn warehoused these frames they were already painted?

I slightly remember the talk about these frames. Don't know if it was asked, but since Schwinn stamped the serial on the bikes component prior to a frame build, could this be the situation with these and they had a mess of the dropouts made and stamped and never did the build or stock piled these frames? Scott probably has the answer for that.

I tend to doubt that they were painted prior to warehousing.
The down tube cable guides of the Sports Tourer were removed for the down tube shifters of the Superior.
I think that would make a mess of the paint in that area.

Very Very Respectable ! :poutingcat: Bet That looks good in BRIGHT Sunlight ! :sunglasses: Well............................it'll look good no matter where it is . Beautiful ! :eek:

Back