When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 1979 Spitfire 24" ---- Unridden!!

-
All of my 78 & early 79 24 in. Spitfires have had 77 stamped in the guard but seems to have disappeared sometime before the Cruiser came out.

Picked this up a few weeks ago. Been looking for a 24” for a while. Would have taken a 24” Cruiser but really wanted a Spitfire. Guy said it was not ridden and I agree. No wear at all on any wear parts. Uniroyal Nobby Tires/Schwinn tubes original same as everything else on it. A Friday March 23 build. (0829). I lucked into this one and it was close enough to be able to pick it up. Of the 150 plus bikes that have passed through here I have only had 3 shipped to me. 2 of the 3 had shipping damage so has to be a real special bike for me to chance shipping.

Anybody have thoughts on the 77 chainguard stamp? Looks so well done.

View attachment 1764484

View attachment 1764485

View attachment 1764486

View attachment 1764487

View attachment 1764488

View attachment 1764489

So what is the frame serial number on this bike?

Last edited:
In the Schwinn forums tread "Let's see some late Cruisers & early Spitfires" there are very few of the 24" Schwinn versions posted, 1979 Schwinn Spitfire was the first year for the 24" model. 1982 "Schwinn Cruiser" was the last year.
1979 Spitfire Model CCI - 6
Bendix Coaster 24- inch,
S-2 Balloon Tire wheels
Colors : Cardinal Red, Sky Blue, Black Sable

Back