When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 20” beach cruiser ?’s

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sunset~ave_schwinn

Finally riding a big boys bike
So I’ve been referencing to everyone’s threads over the years and this is my first time starting one. lets see how it goes.
I recently have been wanting to get my 8yt old son a 20” beach cruiser since I’ve gotten “bit by the bike bug” again but every time I see one I hesitant due to the price haha, so I bought him a 20” 77’ typhoon instead, we seen my friends mini cruiser and it looks legit except the fork looks like a reg. Sting-Ray fork. All the minis I’ve seen look like they have longer forks off of a 24” bike or a 78’ scrambler because the bigger gap between the tire and the forks also look like they have a less pronounced curve. I have an extra 24” 63’ schwinn that I was thinking of use The sprocket, fork, and I 24” cruiser haddle bars s2 rims and a spring seat the fork is what’s confusing me to make the 77” into a replica, i feel that’s what schwinn did to make there’s? Here’s pics to look at to better under stand want I’m looking at...The blue 20” is what I’m going for..View attachment 1492152
The red is my son’s, also would the chain guard still work with a 24”/26” sprocket or do the minis have a special guard?
View attachment 1492153The blue 82’ 24” is mine. To see if the fork looks the same as the blue mini...thanks in advance to whoever nails my questions haha

So I’ve been referencing to everyone’s threads over the years and this is my first time starting one. lets see how it goes.
I recently have been wanting to get my 8yt old son a 20” beach cruiser since I’ve gotten “bit by the bike bug” again but every time I see one I hesitant due to the price haha, so I bought him a 20” 77’ typhoon instead, we seen my friends mini cruiser and it looks legit except the fork looks like a reg. Sting-Ray fork. All the minis I’ve seen look like they have longer forks off of a 24” bike or a 78’ scrambler because the bigger gap between the tire and the forks also look like they have a less pronounced curve. I have an extra 24” 63’ schwinn that I was thinking of use The sprocket, fork, and I 24” cruiser haddle bars s2 rims and a spring seat the fork is what’s confusing me to make the 77” into a replica, i feel that’s what schwinn did to make there’s? Here’s pics to look at to better under stand want I’m looking at...The blue 20” is what I’m going for..View attachment 1492152
The red is my son’s, also would the chain guard still work with a 24”/26” sprocket or do the minis have a special guard?
View attachment 1492153The blue 82’ 24” is mine. To see if the fork looks the same as the blue mini...thanks in advance to whoever nails my questions haha
I'm not quite sure of your question. You have a 20 inch cruiser for your son and you would like to fit it with a 24 inch set of forks? I would think the 24 would work fine as long as head tubs are same length. Often BMX bikes have a longer fork to give the crank more clearance. I'm not sure the S-2s will work with the fenders. Everything you suggest will work if I'm reading it right. Good luck

I'm not quite sure of your question. You have a 20 inch cruiser for your son and you would like to fit it with a 24 inch set of forks? I would think the 24 would work fine as long as head tubs are same length. Often BMX bikes have a longer fork to give the crank more clearance. I'm not sure the S-2s will work with the fenders. Everything you suggest will work if I'm reading it right. Good luck
It is a difficult post to read/understand....

Yea sorry it is a lot all at once, ok I’ll start with the main questions. Does anyone know what fork size or what model fork was used on the 80’ schwinn 20” Cruiser? Hers a picture from the web.

BDFC9455-E1D0-4D9E-B092-522656C31FA8.jpeg

I'll try to answer this loaded question the best I can...
The 20" S-2 wheel model CC2 "Schwinn Cruiser" is a Balloon Fork not Middleweight to accept the wider wheels. The Fork is taller and wider on these bicycles 12" from inside curve to axle mount, almost 3" wide ...as a Sting-ray is middleweight and only 11" from curve to axle mount and not as wide, 2 1/2".
The 1975 to 1978 Schwinn Scrambler used this same Balloon Fork as 1979 they went to Tube Forks. See photo of my 20" Schwinn Cruiser Fork.

IMG_9888.JPG

Last edited:
The clearance on the 20 inch balloon makes me think 24/26. To be honest I'm not sure. @Xlobsterman he should know

My 1982 dealer catalog provides this info!

But in a recent message thread, there were people who didn't believe the printed documentation Schwinn had in their catalogs? So I will provide you with this info, and take it for what it is worth to anyone who chooses to view it.........................

Back