When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 20" tall prewar cycle truck ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

looneymatthew

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Anybody have some photos of this uncommon schwinn cycletruck?
$(KGrHqZHJCIE9EmD1OefBPZmuu3N(w~~60_58 st ct lll.jpg

Oh my god!!!

Where did you find this??? I actually have a prewar schwinn one if these!!! I have never seen another! I have looked for the past year and a half since I found it and this is the first one I have seen. Mine has the original market sign with the 3 digit phone number so I know it's around 1939 when they were first produced. Maybe even earlier as a prototype or something. Everyone says oh that's not a schwinn well yes it is !!! Mine has the original badge , sign, and early schwinn cycle truck decal. There has to be only a few of these out there. I don't know if stuff was changed on mine but the wheels were correct drop center morrow /nd w hubs. The prewar drop stand, basket, and basket holders . The handlebars were longhorn prewar torrington's, and the chainring was a wald Ashtabula . The seat was a prewar mesinger not the common cycle truck seat they you see in the prewar CT's. if someone knows what the deal is with these please speak up!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

More pics

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Really long pull torrington's , the big razor AS stem, prewar big pan mesinger , etc

Yes its a schwinn

Its early they called it a 20" tall frame /I think.... that is what i have been told . but definitely Schwinn and only prewar in that model.

MAYBE some Schwinn historian can fill in the blanks on its history. I doubt there are any THE Cabe members that know anything about these on this forum? schwinn forum go boom!

Where did you find this??? I actually have a prewar schwinn one if these!!! I have never seen another! I have looked for the past year and a half since I found it and this is the first one I have seen. Mine has the original market sign with the 3 digit phone number so I know it's around 1939 when they were first produced. Maybe even earlier as a prototype or something. Everyone says oh that's not a schwinn well yes it is !!! Mine has the original badge , sign, and early schwinn cycle truck decal. There has to be only a few of these out there. I don't know if stuff was changed on mine but the wheels were correct drop center morrow /nd w hubs. The prewar drop stand, basket, and basket holders . The handlebars were longhorn prewar torrington's, and the chainring was a wald Ashtabula . The seat was a prewar mesinger not the common cycle truck seat they you see in the prewar CT's. if someone knows what the deal is with these please speak up!!View attachment 91991View attachment 91992View attachment 91993View attachment 91994View attachment 91995View attachment 91996View attachment 91997

Its early they called it a 20" tall frame /I think.... that is what i have been told . but definitely Schwinn and only prewar in that model.

MAYBE some Schwinn historian can fill in the blanks on its history. I doubt there are any THE Cabe members that know anything about these on this forum? schwinn forum go boom!

Never doubt the power of the Cabe! I know that 20" prewar frames are uncommon on any bike. One can assume that a 20" CT is even less common since CTs aren't your everyday DX or straightbar frame to start with.

Post the serial and we can at least narrow down the year. But I did just find this from 1946 which specifies the option of an 18 or 20" frame:
1946_17-1.jpg

!

From what I know about history alone, 3 digit phone numbers were changed right around 1940ish.

ser. #

there is a pic of ser.# posted in begining of thread. it starts wit a B which i believe is early 30s. the curb market must have gott ahold of it later on in its life . i would guess it is one of the earliest examples . maybe first or so year of the SCHWINN CYCLE TRUCK. GREAT FIND . I WOULD NOT DO ANYTHING BUT GET IT UP AND RUNNING O.G.

where did you find that thing?

From what I know about history alone, 3 digit phone numbers were changed right around 1940ish.

digits

I would concentrate on the ser. # on the frame . not the stores phone# they could have aquired the cycle used at a early cyclone coaster swap back in the day or a flee market and were early ride vintage geeks.

i

everybody is an expert.......

I was being sarcastic. trying to motivate some of the experts or longtimers to chime in.....

Back