When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold A great deal....Schwinn 3 Speed "Tall Frame"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

morton

I live for the CABE
I am reluctantly selling my November of 1968 3 speed Racer. It’s in great condition and I can supply more pics if you want to see specific areas.

As you can see by the pics, it is the not easy to find tall frame edition (23”)

I am about 6’ tall and finding a vintage bike that was comfortable to ride was always a problem. Hitting my knees on the handlebars and hunched over was not very comfortable on smaller bikes, especially on rides of 10 miles or more. The tall frame, I think it was called the King Size in the middleweight edition, allowed me to get full extension of my legs while sitting comfortably. When I got it a few years back I cleaned and repacked all the bearings, oiled the SA hub, and installed new tires so it performs very nicely. Always stored in a climate controlled area.

I’m riding much less now due to health issues and I have similar one that is not nearly as nice but will do for me so I’m selling the best.

Bad News is no shipping. I tried packing a bike once and failed miserably. I have a reputable dealer nearby with whom you can communicate directly for packing/shipping but it can get quite pricey.

Good News is I live about 40 miles north of Baltimore, 25 miles south of Harrisburg, and 60 miles west of Philadelphia so if you live near any of these areas it’s an easy drive.
Or you could combine the pickup with a family vacation as I am located near Lancaster Amish Country and the Gettysburg battlefield in addition to historic areas around and in Phila and Baltimore.

Payment would be by cash or post office money order. $150

NOW $100 prepaid if time permits and picked up in person at the Trexlertown bike show on 9/29. USPS money order if paid by mail. Sorry no paypal. Gas money allowance no longer applies at this price.

S1.JPG

S2.JPG

Last edited:
one last try......how about if I kick in $20 gas money? Offer not longer valid as it is superceded by following post.

Last edited:
Final reduction:

NOW $100 prepaid if time permits and picked up in person at the Trexlertown bike show (or my location in south central PA.) on 9/29. USPS money order if paid by mail. Sorry no paypal. Gas money allowance no longer applies at this price.

Last edited:
Back