When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 4 Reflector Carrier Rack

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ItsSandyPants

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello,

I have a chrome 4-reflector carrier rack (minus one reflector). It looks almost identical to the Schwinn chrome 4-reflector carrier rack, but has one small difference. It has threaded "turnbuckles" at the bottom of the support legs. They appear to be for adjustment on different bicycles to level out the carrier.

Also, looking very closely - til my eyes hurt - at the reflectors there is some small writing "Stimsonite".

This was removed from a 60's department store bicycle (JC Higgins) in Canada.

My question: Would this be a Schwinn product?

Thanks for any insight!

ISP
IMG_1197.JPG

I know of no other makers that used that particular carrier, Schwinn only. It could be purchased at a Schwinn dealer in the day and installed on other makes. The adjusting cylinders were undoubtedly installed by a previous owner.

Hey Folks! Thanks for that information!

What caught my attention when I first learned about this style rack was that the turnbuckles looked to be made of stainless steel as opposed to the chromed steel of the rack. It didn't look original to me either.

ISP

Hey Folks! Thanks for that information!

What caught my attention when I first learned about this style rack was that the turnbuckles looked to be made of stainless steel as opposed to the chromed steel of the rack. It didn't look original to me either.

ISP

Are those actually threaded like a turnbuckle or sex nut or are they fixed?

Back