When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 5 speed Corvette White!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
A friend asked if I wanted to go to a storage auction. Sure never been to one. I was thinking like on TV where you buy the contents of a locker but this was just in a huge room. They had 2 auctions going at the same time, a ton of tool's? On the opposite side from the tools I catch a glimpse back in the corner leaning against a wall a filthy dirty bike, so dirty you could not even see the Schwinn on the top tube. Tires totally rotted. So I head over being careful not to really go up to it hopefully throwing the guys off. I see what it is and assume repaint but what little I could see through the dirt looked ok. I was going to win it for sure. Figured I would find the original color when I worked on it. Had a couple of things going for me, the two auctions at a time thing and how dirty it was.

It went on the back burner for a few months. Some things just seemed odd about it. Paint looked great but dirty. I give it a quick wet sand and polish it.. Much better, but I was still puzzled by it, just seemed too nice and black lettering?? Different color grips? Rear reflector was broke off. Bracket but the pumpkin light was missing, shift cable broken. No problem I have the correct replacements. Had a funky cling like wrap on the seat mast which I gingerly pull off. Still took some of the color off the decal. Finally got around to taking the seat off and up in it was this letter. My jaw hit the floor.

This has a bike shop sticker for long time Schwinn dealer Dishers Bike Shop in Dayton OH. My pure guess is maybe Dishers had the last preview and Schwinn either gave or sold it to them. This seems like it was stored badly but the paint turned out quite good. Only a few scratches down to the red primer.. This whole thing from start to finish is pretty amazing. I’m going to insure it for 10K

001 (4).JPG

082 (Medium).JPG

083 (Medium).JPG

084 (Medium).JPG

What, a genuine 1 off? That's too cool.
And were talking 1979 interests in a lowly, at the time, middleweight. Mr. Gray somehow discovered something odd about it, enough to inquire at Schwinn with photos, that's something too.

It makes me wonder: What happened to Mr. Gray to the existent his possessions were abandoned in storage just a year or so ago? Somebody might be able to hunt him down, or family, local to where the unit is located. I mean, where and how he found it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back