When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 58?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Notagamerguy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Back from my road trip i picked up this interesting piece.the vin number is currently illegible. But the rear hub only has an 8 so i assume its a 58. This is the second tcw hub ive seen. Does anyone have any information on this hub? Im just curious of how common these are on schwinns compared to the aw sw and what models you guys think this would be. i assume its either a corvette or a tiger.

Photos

20200228_154721.jpg

20200228_154733.jpg

20200228_155153.jpg

20200228_155859.jpg

20200228_155909.jpg

Looks like an early 58 number with the 8F0blabla. If the pedals are original to the bike it was a Corvette. The TCW was a $4.50 substitute option in 58. I've never had one but heard it said more than once they're a POS.

Looks like an early 58 number with the 8F0blabla. If the pedals are original to the bike it was a Corvette. The TCW was a $4.50 substitute option in 58. I've never had one but heard it said more than once they're a POS.

I assume this would not have hand brakes then?

Definitely a 'vette, it has the long fluted decal on the seat tube, last year for it. A Tiger would have a checkerboard decal, and painted fenders if they were there!

Are all ‘58 serial numbers on the drop out? I have a Schwinn ‘Cruiser’ I recently picked up and was told by the previous owner that it was a 1980 Schwinn Cruiser, which was what I wanted, but when I ran the serial number from the head tube it came up as a 1958 Chicago Schwinn. In 1958 the serial numbers were stamped on the rear drop out. What am I missing here?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

I believe schwinn switched the serial number to the front tube mid 1970 or 71 and i know the schwinn vin calculator isn't always correct you should post a picture of it.

Reactions: hm.
Back