When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn 72 World Voyageur----------------Tuxedo Time

-

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Picked this up last month. It was repainted but all original except for seat/post. Originally Kool Orange which is the best color but 95% of them seem to be orange. I already have a minty Orange one so decided to go another way. Thoughts were Opaque Green but the lesser World Traveler was that color. Thought one of the original colors, Kool Lemon or Opaque Blue but those are at the bottom of my favorite colors. And no matter what it will still be a repaint so decided on Black to make the chrome on the frame/forks pop. I think it does that.

060.JPG

059.JPG

002.JPG

002 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Classy looking bike. I like the color, tape, saddle and rear reflector. Good job Bob. Tim

Paramounts and Sports Tourers also came in Opaque green, one of my fav colors.
Black was definitely a different route. Not the bubblegum color of the time, but one late 70s bikes sported. Nice work Bob!

Last edited:
Jeez, you can't go wrong with Black! Classic. Very nice resurrection Bob!

-----

handsome!

expect you are keeping an eye out for a Y.F.C. Hupel Rider pillar...

1672934475370.png

1672934565951.png

1672934649681.png

1672934704518.png

the Rampinelli (REG) propstand worn by the machine appears slightly out of place on a Nippon product ; ^. ]

-----

Thanks guys!! I consider this one a rescue. Had sat for decades, I've never seen grease that petrified. The back wheel and crank would barely move. I was worried the races might be damaged but after I scraped the grease (if you want to call it that) all was fine. I must have changed my mind 20 times on the color but kept coming back to my original black thought.

To go along with bikerbluz' comment, the chromed head lugs look great with the black paint.

Back