When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Ace - What's it worth?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
G
Pretty pitted from what I can see in the seat tube picture.
Note: Often in colder climates like yours, moisture will get inside the steel tubing, then expand when frozen and cause it to split, diminishing any potential value. Check frame thoroughly.
good info Boris.

Great info and discussion. I appreciate all the comments, advice and direction. I looked the frame over pretty well and saw no splits. The rust seems to be on the surface with no major pitting (but I'm certainly no expert). The wheels are in the worst shape. The metal where the wheel sat on the ground is nearly rusted through. The wheels in the background came from the other bike frame which is rusted and pitted. I put the frame in the scrap metal heap... but maybe I should pull it out and salvage the crank and other parts if possible. Can someone tell me if the two reflector lenses are from these bikes or are they from something else?

Great info and discussion. I appreciate all the comments, advice and direction. I looked the frame over pretty well and saw no splits. The rust seems to be on the surface with no major pitting (but I'm certainly no expert). The wheels are in the worst shape. The metal where the wheel sat on the ground is nearly rusted through. The wheels in the background came from the other bike frame which is rusted and pitted. I put the frame in the scrap metal heap... but maybe I should pull it out and salvage the crank and other parts if possible. Can someone tell me if the two reflector lenses are from these bikes or are they from something else?

show some photos of the other frame in the scrap heap. you would be amazed at the stuff that can be restored.

DONT SCRAP ! Wait until you get info on what it is.You may win the lottery.

If that larger reflector came form the other frame...like Vince said above, t could easily be worth saving. People have put together some great riders out of heavily pitted frames preserved with linseed oil. Good luck.

If I recall, it was in pretty bad shape. But I'll get pics the next time I'm out at the property and let the CABE experts decide whether it's worth retrieving.

Back