When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Ace

-

NoControl

Look Ma, No Hands!
Craigslist deal I just could not pass up. I believe this is a 1952, and if anyone could verify and tell me a little more about it, I would sure appreciate it.

Serial number: C67349

24" front wheel.

WOhlJ1W.jpg

O8BGV3X.jpg

bp6O4tK.jpg

fJrLRVJ.jpg

GGh5MZ3.jpg

The rack is nice. Not bent at all. There was a weird hole drilled into it though.

6XZFgpU.jpg

mfhzQhh.jpg

TCFxg85.jpg

nXEks3A.jpg

Like I said, I think its a '52, but I'd love to have one of you experts verify.

Also, does this bike come with a tank? There's no holes drilled into the front fender for a light.

47-48. @REC
Rack is from a Higgins or something. On the Morrow rear hub, you will find a letter and number on the other side of the 36-13 stamping. It will also indicate the year of the bike if the wheels are original to the bike.

No holes for a light means it probably was a base model and likely didn't have a tank. Look for rub marks on the frame where the tank would go.
Rack is not Schwinn. Looks like JC Higgins or something.

Last edited:
47-48. @REC
Rack is from a Higgins or something. On the Morrow rear hub, you will find a letter and number on the other side of the 36-13 stamping. It will also indicate the year of the bike if the wheels are original to the bike.

I'll be waiting on the hub date here. Definitely NOT a '52. Serial number's in the wrong place!
Nice old bike but that 24" front wheel ain't got a home there.

Added it to the list.
REC

47-48. @REC

Lol we must have been typing at the same time, as i did not see your reply at the time.
I find it funny our response to the rack was almost the same.

I'll be waiting on the hub date here. Definitely NOT a '52. Serial number's in the wrong place!
Nice old bike but that 24" front wheel ain't got a home there.

Added it to the list.
REC

Thanks for your input, REC. That number on the hub is P2.

Back