When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Aerocycle

-
Lol.thats great! Pretty funny.the fact you put up with these guys crap and kept coming back, and with a sense of humor, proves your a kool chic! I think you made some friends here! Keep your finds coming, we enjoy it.the comedy is a bonus.
Actually I think it was us who put up with the crap. The rules are pretty simple--especially when they are sent to you and you still ignore them. If you're gonna sell post a pic, location, and put a price on it. Don't list it then pull the rug and jack the price--that's crap. V/r Shawn

Actually I think it was us who put up with the crap. The rules are pretty simple--especially when they are sent to you and you still ignore them. If you're gonna sell post a pic, location, and put a price on it. Don't list it then pull the rug and jack the price--that's crap. V/r Shawn

Not saying I agree or disagree with you Shawn, but consider this. Below are two direct quotes from Val, from the other thread.
From the first sentence I copied, it seems to me that the 10k was not necessarily the price, but it might be, pending feedback or advice. Yes, that is technically against the rules, and the bike should not have been posted until a price was decided on. It would seem that the 18k was decided on, after receiving "sound" (bad) advice, and that number was negotiable. Now take into consideration, a "newbie" that probably got an overwhelming flood of private messages, on top of 8 or so pages of comments on her post. Between the scam accusations and the amount of attention the bike got, she had a lot on her plate. Now she knows how things work here, and said she has other bikes to post, lets give her another chance.

On another note, to my knowledge, there is nothing in the rules that states you can't raise the price of your item. At the top it just says "Please make sure your location and price are included." While many people would frown upon it, I don't believe it is against the rules. Now, if an item is priced, and a deal is made with someone then that price should be honored by the seller no matter what, even if someone else offers more, but I don't think that was the case here.
On the other hand, I think if someone posts a bike for let's say a couple hundred bucks, and it's a $5000 bike, we should be honest and educate them and give them the opportunity to change the price, rather than take advantage of their lack of knowledge, and force them to leave all that money on the table for someone else.

From looking at other posts it seems that $10k is about right fir asking price, but any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated.

After tons of offers and messages, I’m going say $18,000 due to some sound advice I have received. And if I don’t get that amount, I will lower it from there.

This is why I advocate for the mods to immediately delete any post in the for sale section not conforming to the rules. They can PM the OP and let them know that without a price, pic, location the ad can not be reposted. This should go for any ad whether it be a Sears Free Spirit or a Bluebird. Seems to me when its one of the 'big' ones the mods are more reluctant to delete. V/r Shawn

100% my fault.
I admit that. Did not read even one sentence of the rules which was just completely stupid. I was looking for advice and then I just got all overwhelmed with everything and I just went with the person who made everything super easy because the thought of shipping something so valuable had me in a total panic.
So I understand why you would be annoyed. I am sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% my fault.
I admit that. Did not read even one sentence of the rules which was just completely stupid. I was looking for advice and then I just got all overwhelmed with everything and I just went with the person who made everything super easy because the thought of shipping something so valuable had me in a total panic.
So I understand why you would be annoyed. I am sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
O give val a pass she did not know any better and she is a good looking girl :p :D :p :D :p :D

Since everyone else put their two cents in here, im gonna too.let me start out by saying im not trying to pick a fight or single anyone out.after following this and other similar threads ive seen people getting bent out of shape, calling names and straight pickin fights with people they have never met nor delt with.giving and standing by your opinion is one thing, but some people just take it to far.i think that everyone needs to remember that this is a hobby.its supposed to be fun and relaxing. Lets be nice to the newcomers. A lot of you guys have lots of knowledge and experience in this hobby not to mention nice bikes.dont chase off people that dont know anything about bikes.i dont know, maybe its different in other parts of the country. Out here in socal where im from, we ride em and collect em together. I ride with lots nice folks that own and ride 10 to 20k plus bikes with people on 200 to 1000 dollar bikes just the same.and definitely don't stress over it.so lets keep it fun, let the mods be mods.if you have an issue, pm a mod.dont make all of us see you lose your kool cause you couldn't buy something or someone is wrong.its gonna be ok,pm them and argue in private. And to end this, if this upsets you and you think its ok for a man to fight with a girl over a bicycle on an open online forum, you should consider a different hobby and hopefully dont have a stressful job.enjoy the ride guys! Bird.

Don't take life too seriously...Youll never make it out alive!
ae273e68275daa541ababc71006f846f.jpg
8609aeb4277f36cd5a798e8d0ea73703.jpg
c1a0687bc34538613fa06d57986d1761.jpg

Back