When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn American - May 2, 1958

-
I just tried a Gulco 375 with the bezel that I have in my stash. The bezel is not large enough but I could use just the reflector if you all think that's appropriate.

Keep those suggestions coming, please. Much appreciated!

View attachment 1741863

View attachment 1741868

View attachment 1741874
Yeah, the round middleweight reflectors never had the chrome trim bezel, at least I've not come across one large enough to match those fenders. I think yours is the 6 pie plastic, where a bike that early would have had a 2 pie plastic. Makes for a good hole filler though.

Here is an original 1955 + reflector and the details.

Dimensions: 1 3/4" in diameter. Total thickness is a mere 1/4".
Rear top is marked: Charles Gulotta Co. Glendale NY.
Rear bottom is marked: LONG RANGE NO 375
Lens top: Stimsonite with AGA centered just underneath
Lens bottom: NO.10

1669769973699.png

1669769995363.png

Just sharing the progress so far. Thanks again for all of the tips and suggestions. You are an amazing group and your help is much appreciated. I switched the hand brake and shifter as suggested, got the shifter cleaned up and to work, sort of. That's definitely still a work in progress. Replaced front tire with a Schwinn Westwind from my stash and added the rear reflector, again from my stash, cleaned up the handgrips and did a little bit of other general cleaning. Still a ways to go, but even now the bike rides nice.

Schwinn American Dec 2.JPG

IMG_0832.JPG

Schwinn American Front Dec 2.JPG

Schwinn American Rear Dec 2.JPG

Schwinn American Label Dec 2.JPG

Back