When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

schwinn american year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tobytyler

Finally riding a big boys bike
hi i'm thinking about buying this to fix up for my daugher the man told me it is a rare bike because of the shifter he's asking 200 is that a fair price? is the bike from the 50's thanks toby t.

Attachments

• bike 2 033.jpg
    bike 2 033.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 79
  • bike 2 034.jpg
    bike 2 034.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 75
  • bike 2 035.jpg
    bike 2 035.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 73
The Bendix 2 speed manual shift is from the 50's. It preceeded the automatic kickback hubs which came out in the early 60's. I would guess the bike is late 50's. I think $200 is at the top end of the price range. If it was me I'd try to get him down to at least $150 or less.

The bike is mid fifties. The script Schwinn decal and the "hockey stick" chainguard are definitely 50's. By '59 Schwinn went to the more common block style decal with the stars on either end. I agree with Gordon on the price. I think $150 is top dollar. The 2- speed setup is probably worth around $100 (if it works) and whats the rest of the bike really worth?

Back