When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn American.

• Thread starter Freemason Cyclist
  • Start date
#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
pictures

would help in giving suggestion to your painting
question. i'd say yes , on the chrome idea.asfor
the black.. it would depend on amount/locations
of sratched,worn paint. pictures would help.

would help in giving suggestion to your painting
question. i'd say yes , on the chrome idea.asfor
the black.. it would depend on amount/locations
of sratched,worn paint. pictures would help.

In response #5 on this thread I posted a link of what the bike looked like before I started refurbishing it. You can see the paint is pretty worn in areas, especially the under side of the fenders. The chain guard has the paint worn down to the red primer as do areas of the frame, with other areas down to the bare metal. The bare metal is near where pieces of the frame come together. What I am going to do is repaint the entire frame with the areas masked off I do not want to paint, the logo, name, strips, etc.

i'd go gloss then .and the headbadge
removes with two small screws.use
petro-gel instead of tape.this gives no lines.

There has been a change of plans with refurbishing this bike. I contacted the Sioux City Public Museum about donating this bike as a artifact for either a bicycle ro transportation exhibit. They will gladly accept it. I asked how good of or used condition do they need it in. They do not want it to look new, but well used. It needs to be in stable condition, but not refurbished.

As a result of this I am not going to paint any of the frame and am only going to pain the chromed areas to pretect from furture rusting. The curator also understands the bike needs new tires, chain, etc. and is fine with that.

Sioux City is finally getting a museum in a building designed for one. Currently it is in what is called the Pierce Mansion. google John Pierce, or Peirce to learn about him and what he did for Sioux City. The mansion never should have been used as a museum. Now that one is being built in the old JC Penney building downtown the mansion will be turned into a period home. the JC Penney building has sat pretty much empty since they moved out to the mall.

Back