When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn approved coaster brake hub

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kwoodyh

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Parts bike I picked up has a rear hub marked "Schwinn Approved " and Mark IV on the brake arm, anyone know who manufactured it?
2370ff6552c8eb8a8f1e872c6d551465.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh hell! That can't be good? I see it used a roller clutch is it worth the effort to rebuild or is it something I can disassemble to see how it works and not worry about the reassembly? Has some parts that interchange with a 3 speed or did I see that wrong?

Understand that thanks but this hub does share some components that interchange with the multiple speed hubs?

I had one of those hubs, and it had an interesting "parking brake" action if you rolled backwards, with forward pressure on the crank.

Most coaster brakes, I'd stop at a light, push the bike backwards with one foot, while maintaining slight forward pressure on the pedal with the other foot, the cranks would turn backwards to set the crank position up for take-off.

Those hubs would lock up, and stay locked up till you pedaled forward.

I hated that. :)

Back