When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn approved Le Tour

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Grumbler

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have been trying to date my latest find, it’s a Schwinn Approved Le Tour (made in Japan). The serial number is 4L07085. I have not been able to find any information on this number, any help would be greatly appreciated! I am guessing it was manufactured in the 80’s.
C8CDAD73-0C58-4B7F-8251-8DE0F5C87A8F.jpeg

At this point it is worth $10 but to a collector maybe not that. To a college kid looking for something to ride maybe $50 to $75. Roger

They are nice riding bikes and well made. This one has a tall frame. If it fits you well and you like it, ride it.
I agree with the above value assessment. The seat and bars are not original, and if if needs tires that factors into value.
I have one of these with a smaller frame, same color and in very nice shape. Mine has tourist style bars and chrome fenders(not original to the bike). It is a '74. I paid $50 for mine with new tires as it is and I enjoy riding it. It's not what I collect but I'm glad to have it in the fleet.

They are nice riding bikes and well made. This one has a tall frame. If it fits you well and you like it, ride it.
I agree with the above value assessment. The seat and bars are not original, and if if needs tires that factors into value.
I have one of these with a smaller frame, same color and in very nice shape. Mine has tourist style bars and chrome fenders(not original to the bike). It is a '74. I paid $50 for mine with new tires as it is and I enjoy riding it. It's not what I collect but I'm glad to have it in the fleet.
Thank you for the responses.

I've never ridden one, but it had to be a big improvement over the Chicago bikes(excluding the Paramounts).
I'd wager that they were lighter and rode better than the fillet brazed Super Sport also.

Back