When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn approved Le Tour

-

Grumbler

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have been trying to date my latest find, it’s a Schwinn Approved Le Tour (made in Japan). The serial number is 4L07085. I have not been able to find any information on this number, any help would be greatly appreciated! I am guessing it was manufactured in the 80’s.
C8CDAD73-0C58-4B7F-8251-8DE0F5C87A8F.jpeg

At this point it is worth $10 but to a collector maybe not that. To a college kid looking for something to ride maybe $50 to $75. Roger

They are nice riding bikes and well made. This one has a tall frame. If it fits you well and you like it, ride it.
I agree with the above value assessment. The seat and bars are not original, and if if needs tires that factors into value.
I have one of these with a smaller frame, same color and in very nice shape. Mine has tourist style bars and chrome fenders(not original to the bike). It is a '74. I paid $50 for mine with new tires as it is and I enjoy riding it. It's not what I collect but I'm glad to have it in the fleet.

They are nice riding bikes and well made. This one has a tall frame. If it fits you well and you like it, ride it.
I agree with the above value assessment. The seat and bars are not original, and if if needs tires that factors into value.
I have one of these with a smaller frame, same color and in very nice shape. Mine has tourist style bars and chrome fenders(not original to the bike). It is a '74. I paid $50 for mine with new tires as it is and I enjoy riding it. It's not what I collect but I'm glad to have it in the fleet.
Thank you for the responses.

I've never ridden one, but it had to be a big improvement over the Chicago bikes(excluding the Paramounts).
I'd wager that they were lighter and rode better than the fillet brazed Super Sport also.

Back