When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Autocycle appraisel

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bob McCall

On Training Wheels
Hi, I'm new to the forum but can see that this is the place for antique bike aficionados. I'm hoping that I might get some help with determining the value of a 1948 Autocycle that I've got. Bought it about 15 years ago and had it professionally restored about 10 years ago. It's been in my garage ever since. We used original parts with a few exceptions. The bars, gooseneck, teardrop light, switches, seat and rims are all new replicas. All the pin-striping was done by hand. All chrome parts were re-chromed and cadmium re-plated. It was repainted in the original black and cream. Any thoughts? I'm going to sell it and would like a fare assessment.

DSC_0011.jpg
DSC_0014.jpg
DSC_0016.jpg
DSC_0036.jpg
DSC_0025.jpg

I'm sure some real experts will weigh in here but my guesstimate would be $1250-1500. I bought a really nice original '46 AC late last year for $1650. It didn't have the forebrake but did have the ND DD 2spd. I feel I gave market but liked the two tone green. V/r Shawn

Actually the Schwinn literature through '50 refers to this model as the Autocycle. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
B-6 Autocycle / Autocycle B-6

All the same , your both right.

Attachments

• scan190001 (2).jpg
    scan190001 (2).jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 172
B-6 Autocycle

The restoration looks very good, and I would think that your bike is easily worth $2,500.00........Wayne

The restoration looks very good, and I would think that your bike is easily worth $2,500.00........Wayne

Its shiny and its a Schwinn so who knows. I just don't see a restored bike with some repo/new parts pulling better money than an original? Who restored the bike? That always seems to have some influence on price as well. Not trying to knock the bike because it is gorgeous and maybe I'm a little low but I guess the only way to know for sure is put it up for sale and see. V/r Shawn

I wouldn't put $2500 into it. It is nice but like Shawn said with the repop parts and it being restored, just not a $2500 bicycle to me. just my .02

I agree,,not 2500, maybe 1500 at the most,,

A original one,,not as nice as this one,,just went on ebay for 800 plus shipping.

Not to hurt any feelings but here is one,,yea it is kinda rough but all original and the horn works lol
all original cept pedals and seat. In the tank was a complete set of tools from that era.

I pulled it outta a dumpster lol I lubed and tuned it and ride it all the time.

Attachments

• b6 001.jpg
    b6 001.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 191
  • b6 002.jpg
    b6 002.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 166
  • b6 003.jpg
    b6 003.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 150
A guy listed one in similar condition and colors several times on ebay with a buy it now of 1800 and it took forever to sell. Or he gave up or sold it off ebay. No front drum though so yours in similar condition, similar circumstances would push up to 2k and maybe slightly more if all the stars line up. If it was restored by a well known restorer and with his help to find a buyer, it may actually sell for more but that would be one of the few in my opinion...and again, you never really know because if two people have to have it, well it could take off...

Back