When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Schwinn Autocycle Milsco pogo saddle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bicibob

Finally riding a big boys bike
$1200
Aztec, NM

I caught the Old Bike Bug back in the 1960's. Have found a "Bicycle Goldmine" or 2 over the years. Once peeked into an old man's backyard as I had spied some chrome shining through the cracks in his fence. Immense piles of bikes and parts covered the place. Elgins, Schwinns, Rollfasts, Shelbys, wheels, handlebars, etc. Excitedly, I knocked on the door and the crusty old gent said, "No cherry picking! I'll only sell all of it, I want every last bearing cleared out of here! Give me a hundred bucks and it's yours." I scraped up the $100 and seven truck and trailer loads later, I began to weed through my new treasure mixed with junk.....

To make a long story shorter, This Milsco saddle was in that mix. The original leather was shredded, so as an inexperienced teenager, I recovered it. Into a box it went for the next 50 years...... I just re-opened that box last week.

Obviously, I did a hack job on the upholstery, but the undercarriage and springs are all in great shape. The AS leaf spring clamp bolt is there and all other bolts/washers appear original. I have the 6 original bumper rivets, so this saddle could be recovered and restored professionally.

Take a look:

IMG_4068 (1).JPG

IMG_4069 (1).JPG

IMG_4070 (1).JPG

IMG_4071 (1).JPG

IMG_4072.JPG

IMG_4074.JPG

IMG_4075.JPG

IMG_4079.JPG

IMG_4084.JPG

IMG_4085.JPG

IMG_4086.JPG

IMG_4087.JPG

What's weight limit on these seats?
Probably the lighter the better! The front spring can break..
This seat was designed to fit/hold a 80 to 100 pound kid. Although this saddle adjusts for a softer or stiffer ride(which may help if an adult rode it) it was designed for an average teenager's weight range. I have twice seen the front leaf spring break from adults 'hopping up and down-look how cool this is' up to the point that the flat leaf outter spring snapped! There were two sizes of this model seat. One was for the short 16" adult frame bikes(or 24" bike) and sprung differently-shorter post(didn't have a 'tension' adjustment) and alignment rod popped out the bottom. Standard had a short internal rod-adjustment for tension as pictured above. Very cool/unique looking-in theory actually works. With a minimum of travel(up/down)the saddle could be enjoyed on occasion by an adult. One of the most iconic Schwinn prewar items found on the high end bikes.

Last edited:
Back