When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Schwinn Autocycle Pogo Seats

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
I'm selling these for a friend. Both seats will need recovering but seem to be pretty solid. Not sure why the additional springs were added to the one seat. Please ask any questions before committing. $900. Please email me direct for payment information or inquiries. [email protected] Thanks, Shawn

Seat #1 SOLD

pogo-2-1.jpg

pogo-2-2.jpg

pogo-2-3.jpg

pogo-2-4.jpg

pogo-2-5.jpg

pogo-2-6.jpg

Last edited:
But how would those springs help? The seat flexes down at the back and the post drops, which would compress the springs. At least that's how my pogo seat works. Hmmmmmm ? I guess the springs would just bend sideways a bit! Thoughts? Very cool tho! Gary

The one thing I’ve noticed when riding bikes with Milsco full floating saddles, is that there is a distinctive top out slap that can be felt and heard when running through rough chatter.
Maybe these extra springs were a damper of sorts,to slow the return down a bit, and alleviate that top out slap.
Homemade probably, but who knows?
Just a thought.

The one thing I’ve noticed when riding bikes with Milsco full floating saddles, is that there is a distinctive top out slap that can be felt and heard when running through rough chatter.
Maybe these extra springs were a damper of sorts,to slow the return down a bit, and alleviate that top out slap.
Homemade probably, but who knows?
Just a thought.

Seems to make sense to me. I've never ridden one, but based on the design, I can imagine some sideways movement and rebound after a downward flex, especially with a big boy or gal.

How can we phrase that now so as not to be rude.......hmnnnn.....?? " a person who is well endowed in the buttocks and midriff"? Ha!!! I hate politically correct..... but it's fun to think up how the clowns who make up these "dances with words" ( as opposed to Wolves) avoiding the fact and tried and true terms we used for years. We are who we are. No need to be hurtful, but call it like it is. I digress...sorry... Besides getting fat and bald, I can be a "wingnut".( multiple thinker?) Ha!!

Last edited:
I agree, but in the case of the Milsco “pogo” type saddle, I think, being a little rotund in the Gluteus Maximus is a benefit to the rider.
That extra weight actually acts as a return spring damper unto itself. Lol!

Back