When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn B9/B10’s

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I believe my bicycle is a 1932 26” Schwinn, that I’m restoring it, but for now it’s in parts. Just took the measurement of my rear fender frame. The other pictures are of parts that appear to be original to the bicycle.

I believe my bicycle is a 1932 26” Schwinn, that I’m restoring it, but for now it’s in parts. Just took the measurement of my rear fender frame. The other pictures are of parts that appear to be original to the bicycle.View attachment 1409564
View attachment 1409560

View attachment 1409562

View attachment 1409563

View attachment 1409561
Interesting! If yours is a ‘32 with that serial number, mine was built 3,966 ahead of yours! So it’s appearing older than I thought and still unsure on the wheel size! Thanks for the pictures.

During the 28" to 26" wheel transition period starting in late 1933 through I believe 37, some motobike frame makers (not all) simply used the old 28" frame dimensions for both wheel sizes and some did not, depending on whether the stay width would take a wider 26" tire. Those that did simply used a fender spacer on the seat and chain stay bridges while using a shorter & wider-crowned fork. Early Snyder-made Hawthorne's I know did this a year or so and maybe others . Not sure if Schwinn did so. Colson, in late 33 straight away shortened both the chain-stay AND widened the fork crown/shortened the legs (moto frames) when the 26" size came on the scene. It would be interesting to know when(#'s) Schwinn-made motobike frames and forks began to physically change specific to 26" wheels using the wider fork crowns and wider seat and chain stays. Not necessarily the stay length, which could have remained the same length.

Last edited:
During the 28" to 26" wheel transition period starting in 1933 through I believe 37, some motobike frame makers (not all) simply used the old 28" frame dimensions for both wheel sizes and some did not, depending on whether the stay width would take a wider 26" tire. Those that did simply used a fender spacer on the seat and chain stay bridges while using a shorter & wider-crowned fork. Early Snyder-made Hawthorne's I know did this and maybe others . Not sure if Schwinn did so. Colson, in late 33 straight away shortened both the chain-stay AND fork width/length(moto frames) when the 26" size came on the scene. It would be interesting to know when Schwinn made frames and forks specific to 26" with wider fork crowns/shorter lengths and where in the serial number base this ended /began.
Hoping some others chime in with some pictures and measurements so maybe we can put this to rest!

After looking up your bicycle I think mine must be a 1933 Schwinn with a 1932 crank. Just like my 1937 Schwinn roadster with a 1936 crank.

And it also measures the same as yours with 26” tires

My '27 frame seems to be around an inch bigger all the way around... Some variation depending where chain adjuster bolts are currently...
Tried to get the tape as close as I could to where you were measuring

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

My '27 frame seems to be around an inch bigger all the way around... Some variation depending where chain adjuster bolts are currently...
Tried to get the tape as close as I could to where you were measuring

View attachment 1409797

View attachment 1409796

View attachment 1409800
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say based on what we have all concluded here, when the engineers started playing with the idea of 26” tires, they redesigned the frame to accommodate both sometime in the early 30’s and it probably stayed the same for years. I can definitely see a little difference in your ‘27 frame.

See link below to pre-B9/B10 (1933 and earlier)... Early Schwinn serial numbers thread.

Last edited:
I don't own this but I've been tracking it and have posted it to the "Bikes on Craigslist" forum, looks like the same big cloverleaf sprocket as yours. The ad says it has 28" wheels. The frame size looks smaller than yours to me(at the headtube).

Back