When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn BA67?

-

trevorsworth

On Training Wheels
Hi all. I know next to nothing about bicycles - I haven't ridden one since I was 10 - but I rescued this one yesterday and am seeking information on it.

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

It spent a very long time outside as a sign and then as yard art. I believe everything currently on the bike is factory original, down to the tires. I believe the wheels are beyond saving as the rims are pretty chewed up, but the pedals move (stiffly) and it rolls.

I am planning to bring this bicycle back to a rideable condition so I can take it around town on the fancy new paved trails, but I would like to know more about it. I believe it is a mid-1930s Schwinn BA67.

Thanks in advance.

Is there a serial number somewhere. Looking postwar Huffman to me. V/r Shawn
I can't find any intact stamps, badges, or markings at all on the entire bicycle other than the lettering on the tires and the Bendix plate hanging by the hub (also inscribed Bendix).

Have you turned the bicycle upside down and looked at the bottom bracket? V/r Shawn

Welcome to the Cabe, girls seat, front fender backwards, somewhere I think I have a handlebar stem like that with H on the bolts hence Huffman be very careful removing it it. Buy a wheel donor off craigslist enjoy! Or you could just run and not get bit with this bug.

I have looked at some Huffmans from the period and I agree that it looks like one of them. Thanks for the tip on the fender, I will fix that tonight while I’m checking for serial numbers. She is getting new wheels tomorrow.

Back