When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn backlit sign

-

GenuineRides

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Waited 17 years, it's finally in my hands...now these things are never in the condition you remember them as, so this one has some paint flaking off the glass, yet it is only the white. Is this common? Does anyone have info on what years/time period these were used? The flaking might be from the previous owners poor storage, hot and cold temp swings in his basement plus dry and humid swings too. Any ideas? Still love it though. I have a similar vintage backlit glass Miller Beer one with just the silver flaking, odd similarity.
5ce6e37ab4c55b1e0799ccdc0704a1db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a sharp sign, 1940's??? I'll be unpacking a similar sign after dinner, will post pictures. No clue about flaking and your photo looks great with no sign of flaking?

Mike

That's a sharp sign, 1940's??? I'll be unpacking a similar sign after dinner, will post pictures. No clue about flaking and your photo looks great with no sign of flaking?

Mike

If you look closely the white has a shadow of remaining paint in some areas where it's cracked and the backside of it has flaked off. The rest, especially the red is almost flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back